The Mayor is the Chief Executive of the municipality. He/ she is responsible for:
- Carrying out the decisions of the Municipal Council ;
- Maintaining and administering the heritage of the municipality ;
- Managing revenues and monitor the management of municipal institutions and accounting ;
- Developing and implementing the budget ;
- Presenting Municipal Accounts to the Council ;
- Managing public works in the municipality ;
- Managing procurement and contracts ;
- Managing donations and legacies ;
- Representing the municipality in legal proceedings ;
- Recruiting and appointing staff ;
- Manage the municipal policy.
The mayor coordinates all activities in the municipality and manages the municipal budget, which is voted on by the Municipal Council.